RMMBA COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Updated November 9 2020 to include Indoor Programming
The following document outlines Ridge Meadows Minor Baseball Association procedures and policies regarding Covid19 and a safe return to play. In accordance with the guidelines outlined by Baseball BC in their consultation with viaSport, we acknowledge the requirement to respect the rules and advice of the responsible federal, provincial and municipal authorities in all matters pertaining to the health and safety of our members.
RMMBA GENERAL HEALTH AND PERSONAL HYGIENE GUIDELINES
Please note that all of the below Personal Health and Hygiene Guidelines are intended to be required for anyone involved in youth or amateur baseball which includes, but is not limited to; athletes, coaches, umpires, administrators, volunteers and spectators. These guidelines will be posted on our website, and will be shared via email to all coaches, and players prior to the start of the sessions.
- Anyone displaying ANY illness symptoms MUST NOT attend.
- Disinfectant wipe down of all surfaces athletes can be exposed to before every event.
- Reminder to all participants at each event to avoid touching of eyes, nose or mouth in accordance with ‘Coaches Guidelines’
- No sharing of water bottles.
- No sharing of food of any kind.
- No spitting.
- No chewing gum or sunflower seeds.
- No sharing of any personal equipment or items
- Ride sharing to be discouraged whenever possible.
- All participants will be encouraged to disinfect their equipment after each event.
- All participants will be encouraged to wash all clothing and themselves after each event.
- There will be appropriate PPE on hand to deal with any first aid issues that may arise (including, but not limited to, masks, gloves, sanitizer)
- All participants will be encouraged to wear a non medical face mask when arriving, departing and not actively participating in baseball activity.
RMMBA RETURN TO PLAY GUIDELINES - PHASE 2
- No parents will be allowed to view indoor activities. Maximum of 10 athletes and 2 coaches at an event. Maximum of 50 people total at any event.
- Verbal symptom screening must be performed at every session to ensure all participants are symptom free. Questions are outlined in ‘Coaches Guidelines’
- 2m physical distance required between participants
- Every event to include reminders to participants regarding 2m physical distancing and include no spitting, no face touching, no contact between the athletes in accordance with ‘Coaches Guidelines’
- Attendance must be taken and kept at every event for all people in attendance including parents (drivers). All participants required to fill out the RAMP app for every session which is our online attendance and screening program. These records must be kept for 30 days before being destroyed.
- No team huddles before, during or after the practice for coaching or teaching purposes unless 2m physical distancing requirements are adhered to.
- All drills to be created and implemented ensuring 2m physical distancing requirements are adhered to.
- No shared use of personal equipment.
- Baseballs should be sanitized prior to every event and every effort given to limit the number of athletes using one ball in a practice environment. No other team equipment should be shared.
- No changing or dressing rooms permitted. No use of dugouts (where applicable)
- All field/facility prep equipment to be disinfected and cleaned after every use.
- Each participant is to bring their own wipes/sanitizer for use when required
- Only one group allowed on the field at a time. Before the arriving group can use the field/facility all members of the previous team must leave the field/facility. Every effort will be made to ensure there is at least a 15 minute window between sessions to allow for separation of groups and sanitization of surfaces and equipment.
GUIDELINES FOR COACHES
All participating coaches will be sent this document and will have to respond that they understand and will adhere to these rules before they are permitted on the field.
Pre Event Checklist
- Ensure practice plan allows for 2m distance between participants.
- Disinfect all surfaces and equipment athletes can be exposed before every event.
- Have a single coach set up equipment whenever possible
- Reminders to participants regarding 2m physical distancing, including no spitting, no face touching, no contact between participants, stay out of dugouts (where applicable)
- Take attendance and include all coaches and participants. Keep a log of all attendance for 30 days before destroying.
- Verbal Symptom Screening of all participants, an answer of ‘Yes’ to any of the following questions and that individual is not permitted to participate.
1) Are you feeling sick or do you have a fever?
2) Is anyone you have been in contact with showing any signs of illness?
3) Have you returned from travel out of the country within the last 14 days?
4) Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
5) Have you been in close contact with anyone who has traveled out of the country within the last 14 days?
Post Event List
- Remind all participants to disinfect their equipment after each event.
- Encourage all participants to wash all clothing and themselves after each event.
- Disinfect all surfaces and equipment athletes were exposed to during the event.
- Disinfect all field/facility equipment.